Megasorber PN is a semi-rigid sound absorption board with a patented acoustically tuned fireproof sound absorbing facing Soundmesh® G8 (U.S. Patent No. 8167085, Canada Patent No. 2674986,
Australia Patent No. 2009206197).
Soundmesh G8 has been engineered and tuned to maximize the sound absorption. As a result, Megasorber PN provides exceptional
high sound absorption, especially at low to mid frequencies.
Note: Traditional fireproof faced materials and sound reflecting solid film facings (such as aluminium foil,
mylar film and polyurethane film) have little or zero acoustic properties and block noise from being absorbed by
the underlying materials.
Fluid-repellent facing (Optional)
Megasorber PN has BCA (Building Code of Australia) Group 2 Classification.
It complies with IMO Resolution A653(16) requirements.
The unique Soundmesh® G8 facing material has BS 476 Part 4 "non-combustible" classification, BCA (Building
Code of Australia) Group 1 Fire Classification and ISO 5660 Group 1 Fire Classification. It complies with IMO Resolution
A653(16) requirements, and has high-temperature resistance up to 550°C.
Megasorber PN is specifically designed for (1) drop-in ceiling tiles for
standard ceiling grid; (2) acoustic backing board for timber battens, timber slats and so on and (3) printable
A fluid/water repellent Soundmesh G8 facing option is also available. The built-in water / fluid repellent property provides for easy cleaning and maintenance of the facing and makes it suitable for outdoor applications.
Standard facing colours are: white (W), black (B), grey (G) and sandstone (S). Soundmesh G8 can be colour-matched to
any specific colour, however, minimum order quantity will apply.
- Fireproof / fire-resistant facing
- BCA Group 2 Classification.
- IMO Resolution A653(16) compliant
- Designed for maximum noise absorption
- Tough, durable and (optional) water/fluid repellent facing
- Environmentally friendly with 100% recyclable acoustic polyester wool
- Long service life i.e., will not deteriorate when exposed to hot and humid conditions.
- Fire resistant facing to reduce potential fire hazards
- Suitable for all buildings under BCA fire requirements for wall and ceiling linings
- Maximum noise reduction
- Non-hazardous, safe to handle
- Easy to install, i.e., low installation costs
- Low maintenance costs.