Acoustic Consultant: Acoustic Consultant Australia Pty Ltd
Location: Loading bay at 101 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC Australia
Loading Bay Noise Problem
- The loading bay has concrete floor, ceiling and walls – hard surfaces which reflect sound.
- The area is very busy with noisy deliver trucks, vans and waste collections in and out.
- Nearby office and local workers complained about the excessive noise.
Loading Bay Soundproofing Solution
Megasorber P50G-G sound-absorbing panels were specified to reduce the noise in the lading bay. Megasorber P50G-G is a 50mm acoustic panel with the fireproof acoustic Soundmesh G8 facing.
Panels were cut to size and installed on the ceiling and walls.
Total quantity installed: approximately 200m2.
Key features of the product:
- Superior sound absorption capacity: the acoustic panel must have a sound absorption co-efficient of 0.81 at 250 Hz, with an overall NRC (Noise reduction coefficient) of 1.0.
- Fire-safe: Soundmesh G8 is a non-combustible material;
- Durability for exposed conditions: long service life.
- Cost effective to install: direct-fix with Megasorber A200 adhesive.
- Ease of Cleaning and maintenance: any dirt marks or finger marks can be easily cleaned with Megasorber Clean M8 block.
I can't believe the difference these panels had made after the installation. No complaint about the noise any more. Very successful project...”
—101 Collins Street Pty Ltd
Contact Megasorber Today for a Customised Solution to Your Noise Problem