Broadmeadows Aquatic & Leisure Centre Soundproofing
Location: Pearcedale Parade, Broadmeadows, Victoria, Australia
- Functionality: absorb the reverberation
- Appearance: must be aesthetically pleasing
- Fire safety: must have fireproof facing
- Durability: must be suitable for swimming pool conditions and have water repellent facing
- Cleaning and maintenance: product must have water repellent facing for ease of cleaning
- Installation: product must be cost-effective to install
- Acoustic performance: the acoustic panel must have a sound absorption co-efficient of 0.81 at 250 Hz and 1.13 at 500Hz,
with an overall NRC (Noise reduction coefficient) of 1.01.
To soundproof the leisure centre, Megasorber P50W-RW, a 50mm acoustic panel with the water
repellent, fireproof and sound absorbing Soundmesh G8 facing was installed on the ceiling.
Water beads up on the Soundmesh G8 acoustic facing
A powder-coated aluminium grid system with a showdown line finish was used for the installation.
Panel size: 1.2m x 1.2m, drop-in installation.
Contact Megasorber Today for a Customised Solution to Your Noise Problem