Soundproofing for a Brewery Plant Room
The consultants and the owner of the plant had set a high standard for any noise insulation materials to be used in the state-of-art manufacturing
- must be fireproof
- must not absorb any water
- MUST have water repellent and easy to clean surface
- must not grow mould
- must not have any loose fibres
- must meet with the food process requirements, and
- must be simply and easy to install, ie, low installation costs.
For the project, our engineers recommended:
- Soundproofing product: Megasorber P50G-RW, a 50mm thick acoustic panel with a water repellent, fireproof and sound absorbing
Soundmesh G8 facing.
- Installation: with Megasorber A100 spray-on adhesive
- Finish: edges covered with a colourbond top-hat
The consultants and the owner checked and approved the products.
Key features of the P50 soundproofing panels
- Fire-resistant – BCA Group 2 fire classification
- Water repellent facing
- 100% RH, i.e., the product does not absorb any water
- No loose fibres
- Product does not support any mould-growing under hot and humid conditions
- Easy to install with Megasorber Adhesive A100 resulting in low installation costs
Installation of the soundproofing panels
This video shows how the Megasorber P50 acoustic panels were installed with our A100 adhesive directly onto the cool room panels at the Coopers
Brewery Plant. The ceiling area is approx. 1,500 square metres.
Application of spray-on adhesive
Installation of soundproofing panels
Installation of colourbond tophat and flashings
The finished soundproofed ceiling
Brewery plant after soundproof panels installed
Soundproofing Project Results
The project manager allowed one month for the 1,200m2 of noise insulation product to be installed. Using the recommended Megasorber
A100 adhesive, the installer finished the installation in one week—3 weeks ahead of the schedule.
The consulting engineer and the plant manager were extremely impressed with the soundproofing outcome. The plant now has a quiet and clean manufacturing environment and has become the showcase of the company.
Contact Megasorber Today for a Customised Solution to Your Noise Problem